Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

weekend

This weekend I went home to MC for two reasons: to see the dentist and to celebrate my birthday with my family.

The dentist visit was fine. They took a lot of x-rays and the dentist checked to see if I need to get any work done. I still don't have any cavities, thank goodness. I attribute that in part to regularly chewing Orbit gum. The only I'll probably have done is to get my front tooth redone. You may not know but one I chipped off half of one my front teeth in third grade. My filling/cap/fake part of my tooth is wearing away a bit, so it'd be nice to get it redone while I still have insurance.

My birthday dinner was tasty. We had steak and potatoes with blueberry cake for dessert. It was a nice evening with my family.

On Sunday I sang with my dad for the worship sets for both services. It was a long day, and I was very glad I'm used to Eastern time, so it didn't feel like I was waking up so early. My parents took me home to Oke house after lunch. I was back in time to go to Emanuel's 3rd birthday party. He got a little drum set, which he loved of course. I was really tired last night, so I went to sleep around 10. Shell doesn't go to bed until after 2, so she thinks that is ridiculously early. But since I don't have the luxury of sleeping in during the week, I instead sleep early.

Oh, and one of my favorite mugs broke last week. My family wasn't going to tell me, but they finally revealed the sad news to me after I was scouring the cuboard for it. It was the hand pottered mug I got on vacattion in Branson. It was a good mug.