Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

wake up and smell the coffee

Ok, so here's the deal.

I interviewed Monday for Starbucks. It was a quick interview, right at 15 minutes. They apologized for the short notice, being that they only called me three days before. I just thanked them for even calling me! They are only hiring for one position, and they were interviewing a few other applicants, I'm encouraged at their quick response to my application. I only turned it in the Wednesday before! Two guys conducted the interview, one the manager of MC's branch, the other a manager at another store. They took turns asking me a list of experience/behavior based questions along with why I want to work at Starbucks and what I like about coffee. :-) Near the end they inquired if I was interested in working at other branches in the area (since some other stores are also hiring right now), even if there was a short commute. I told them that was my plan anyways if I wasn't hired at this store.

So, they said they'd call everyone back for sure by Monday, but probably sooner.

And as of Thursday afternoon they still haven't called. I really hope they call tomorrow!!

In other news I'm still working on my room. It's technichally "unpacked" as in everything is out of boxes. It's just not too organized at the moment, but it's getting very close. A few mintues ago I got my stereo hooked up. And I have my coffee maker postioned so that I can brew coffee in my room whenever I want! Muhaha! I pretty much have a mini kitichen in my room, since my fridge and microwave are also set up.

Um, that's about it for now.