Pages

Monday, April 06, 2009

mountain

Amber and Liz visited on Friday. I was able to eat lunch with them and Kristin. It's always good to spend time with my sisters.

Friday was also the opening for the Senior Art Exhibit. One of the exhibits was my high school friend Amber's series of oil on masonite paintings of bubbles. The other was a look into the process of Zach Gibson's movie Cookies, the movie Shell stars in. Both were great.

Shell's sister-in-law's birthday was Saturday, so we went to the Ferris home for dinner. I love the Ferrises.

Sunday was gloomy. After church I had lunch at Panera with Justin, Dan and Katie, but after that I was very restless. The lack of sunshine made the house even more gloomy then usual, so I finally broke down and Mary and I went to Starbucks. Yep, I drove a friend's car in a town other then Michigan City. You should be proud. I was very grateful to get away for a couple hours. And I was much more productive than I would have been at home.

I made a similar escape today, but it was not as momentous or glamorous. Overall, I spent about four hours at McDonald's today. There's a booth in the back corner that I like to take over sometimes. Hardly anyone comes within eye sight, so there's noise and comotion, but nothing distracting to look at. For better or words, McD's has a few more benifits than SG. First of all, SG is hardly an escape. You are still very much on Bethel's campus when you sit at SG and there are always familiar people to distract you. Secondly, it's cheaper. When I go to SG I'm always tempted to buy something, even though it's perfectly fine to stay there for hours and not spend a dime. But at McDonald's you do get more for your dollar.

However, it is a bit discouraging that even though I have been working on things, I still have a whole lot more to do. So even though I've put in almost an eight hour "work day", I still need to do quite a bit more tonight.