Days like today, I must admit, I like living behind the bubble of my desk. I like being the smiling face, or comforting ear that's always around to support my coworkers, without having to directly confront tough issues in life. Days like today my respect and admiration for the ladies I work with is deepened.
But for me, today was a good day.
My day began with breakfast and coffee with Amber (and the puppies) at her house, which is a nice way to start any day. Life was made complete again (ok, that's a bit of exaggeration) when I learned that Pumpkin Spice Lattes were here early, and my coworkers picked one up for me! And to top it off, that coffee earned me my 12th star which means I'll get a FREE PSL this weekend! In the evening I prepared some frozen pizzas, Shell made some pico de gallo and Kristin and Jonny came over for dinner. It's really nice being able to spend time with both friends and family on the weekends. Oh, and of course I had another cup of coffee after dinner.
Looking back at my day, I think much of my enthusiasm and my good mood were caffeine induced. This may or may not be a bad thing. Today it was good that I was extra chipper and optimistic at work, but it definitely wouldn't be good for my health if I consumed this much caffeine daily.
